Sunday, May 4, 2008

Using Techlonology to assist Language Learning




1) I learned a LOT from this presentation assignment with regards to how to use power-point on the internet. Following the motto: "Death to Power-point," I was able to make my presentation interactive with various links that were used as examples for the point I was making from each slide. I also learned a lot about CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) as a major part of the research of the presentation. I found many of my resources to be very useful including the WIKI demonstration, which I wished we had more time to experiment with in creating flashcards.

2) I had the most difficulty with the Elluminate Live operations, specifically with attaching the URL addresses to post on the web-board for all to see. This slowed me down as I had to type everything in manually without being able to copy and paste for some reason. If I were to do this presentation again, I would hope to have more practice ahead of time with posting websites and operation features of the Elluminate Live. I had very little difficulty with the Slide-share program itself. I would have also liked to have had more time to experiment and dialog about the program examples especially with my WIKI flashcard activity. I would also probably tone it down on some of the goofy pictures, especially since this is intended to be viewed in a professional setting (I did edit some of the pictures in the slides for this reason).

3) I would definitely use this slide-share program again in my future online courses that I teach. This was a very beneficial resource for me.

No comments: